Monday, January 21, 2013

Absolutely Amazing!!!

Wow! What an exciting week! At the ripe old age of 10 days I was adopted. That was 48 years ago. On January 15th, I found my biological family! My birth mom is living in Florida and, believe it or not, is working with the carnival! This is of particular interest since I met my husband when he worked for the carnival and I ran off with him/them. My birth mom is one of 12 children who grew up just an hour or so from where I grew up! I now have 2 younger sisters and a little brother (he is actually younger than my step-son), 11 aunts and uncles (one aunt is about 2 weeks younger than me and one passed away a couple of years ago), some nieces and nephews (not exactly sure just how many quite yet), and a load of cousins! According to my Uncle, I now have an additional 250 relatives! I actually got to meet my Uncle Billy and his wife Theresa on Saturday, which was so indescribably awesome! We are of Indian descent and Uncle Billy practices many of the old Indian ways, including making maple syrup and honey, raising rice, making things from birch bark, old Indian medicines amongst others. He is even considered a medicine man. His wife rescues neglected and abused cats. They currently have 11 furry sons and daughters. We are currently using Facebook and email as our primary form of communication, although there have been a couple very long phone calls between my birth mom and me. It is an amazing story of which I will undoubtedly write more.

No comments:

Post a Comment